JCMA Schools Coordinator Position Description
Position Title: JCMA Schools Coordinator - Part time
Reports To: JCMA Executive Officer
Purpose of the Organisation
The Jewish Christian Muslim Association of Australia (JCMA) is a not for profit, volunteer based organisation whose objective is to promote the prevention of emotional and physical abuse arising from religious intolerance and cultural discrimination. To achieve its objectives JCMA works to draw together members of the Abrahamic faiths in mutual respect, seeking to appreciate and understand each other by engaging with each other in dialogue and programs that create shared experience.
The Schools Program has been running since 2003 and is designed to enhance the understanding and tolerance of different faiths and cultural traditions by young people in primary and secondary schools. Three presenters, a Jew, a Christian and a Muslim, visit schools across Melbourne and regional Victoria giving students the opportunity to see the three presenters interacting respectfully and harmoniously. This also encourages acceptance of diversity and difference and educates students to be more accepting of others and feel more empathy towards those different from themselves.
To manage all aspects of the delivery of the JCMA Schools Program including to promote and seek support for the program to ensure the program’s ongoing future success and viability.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- 1.JCMA Schools Workshops
- Manage schools bookings including:
- Maintain existing relationships with primary and secondary schools
- Liaise with schools and presenters to coordinate the delivery of JCMA workshops in primary and secondary schools
- Manage the use and care of JCMA presentation equipment
- Conduct workshop follow-up i.e., feedback questionnaires, testimonials, update website and promotional material
- Report weekly to the Executive Officer on activities and bookings
- Manage and coordinate JCMA Schools Presenters:
- Maintain relationships with JCMA schools presenters
- Work with JCMA Executive Officer to plan and deliver 3 training sessions per year, coordinate the training days and prepare follow up reports
- oMaintain a list of potential new JCMA presenters and assist with the recruitment and training of new presenters
- 2.Schools Program Sales & Marketing
- Follow up all schools program leads and referrals
- Develop an annual work plan for the schools program including a sales and marketing plan
- Coordinate and assist in the development of sales and marketing materials for the schools program
- Assist in the identification and preparation of funding and grant proposals to fund the schools program and to keep track of funding applications
- Keep a schools program contact database up to date
- 3.Meetings & Reports
- Attend Schools Committee meetings, take the minutes and distribute
- Compile reports for the Schools Committee and JCMA Board
- Provide information, statistics and reports on the schools program as required
- 4.General Administration
- Keep all documentation relating to the schools program filed and up to date
- Respond to emails and enquiries about the JCMA schools program
- 5.Skills & Experience Required
- Ability to work with people from diverse religious and ethnic backgrounds
- A commitment to the values and benefits of interfaith activity
- Knowledge of the schools system and experience working in schools an advantage
- An organized self-starter with an ability to develop and maintain an effective work plan and to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good communication, analytical and research skills.
- Ability to communicate in a persuasive and compelling way to effectively sell the workshop program to targeted schools
- Excellent written communication skills for workshop promotion, reporting, grant writing and other funding submissions
- Advanced computer literacy familiar with Microsoft word and excel
Relationships: Working with the JCMA Executive Officer and the JCMA Schools Committee.
Conditions: Salary for this 12 hours a week position is $27.50 per hour, plus 9.5% superannuation. Working from JCMA office in East Melbourne. May require presence at some after-hours events. Annual leave will be 4 weeks leave pro rata per annum. Commencement ASAP with a probationary period of 3 months.
Applications & Enquiries:
Phone: 9287 5590
Applications Due: Monday 2nd February 2015